Monday, May 2, 2011

A Day That Will Never Be Forgotten

May 2nd, Day 84

Today was a day that will forever live in the hearts of every American citizen, it is a day that was long over due as nine years, and five months of battle, blood shed and sacrifice have become justified. Almost a decade ago our homeland was attacked and innocent American blood was shed on our home soil on September 11th, 2001. When I first heard the news that our home land had been attacked I was in 6th grade, 11 years old. I remember like it was yesterday. The smoke, the rubble, tears and shock on the faces of the American people. I remember hearing the radio in my language arts class. The school was silent, the building creaking was the only noise other than the radio broadcast. I remember going home after school and watching the news with my dad, over and over again they showed the Twin Towers falling, the coverage of the memorial service, it's like it had happened just yesterday.
I know that over the years I heard so many stories of soldiers falling in the line of duty. The stories that soldiers I knew had brought home. And it is such a relief that today, the American people can stand proudly and know that justice has finally been served for all of those innocent men and women who have passed within the 10 year battle. It is because of our brave service men and women that we are able to have the freedoms that we do. Even though I walk the streets and am capable of having my freedoms, I can't help but think of those who had fallen and the families that they will never be able to go home to.
Part of me wishes I was in the States to experience this glorious moment in our nations history. But I do know, that being across seas, and witnessing the defeat against Osama has still been mesmerizing. I look at the pictures on the news stations, listen to the radio broadcasts, and watch the feed over the internet. It is soo good to see the faces of the American people light up. I have never seen my nation soo proud of its people and the accomplishments it have obtained.
Today, as every other day I'm proud to stand and say that I'm proud to be an American. "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all".
 God Bless the United States of America!!!




USA National Anthem
United States of America 

The Star Spangled Banner 

Oh, say! can you see by the dawn's early light 
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming; 
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight, 
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming? 
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air, 
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there: 
Oh, say! does that star-spangled banner yet wave 
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave? 

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep, 
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes, 
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep, 
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses? 
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam, 
In fully glory reflected now shines in the stream: 
'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh, long may it wave 
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave! 

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore 
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion 
A home and a country should leave us no more? 
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution! 
No refuge could save the hireling and slave 
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave: 
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave 
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave. 

Oh, thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand 
Between their loved home and the war's desolation! 
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation! 
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, 
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust": 
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave 
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment